-

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Ex-President Obasanjo sets to debut in Nollywood Movie

There are strong indications that Nigeria’s former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, is set to kick-start his newest career in the film industry with a debut short comedy skit out on Oct. 14.
Nigeria’s film star, Samuel Ajibola who produces the short comedy skit; Dele Issues said the former president fondly refers to as OBJ by many Nigerians will feature in the next edition of his skit to be posted on YouTube soon. 
Ajibola, who also featured in a Television sitcom, The Johnson as Spiff revealed this on his Instagram page recently and noted that the production is a dream comes true.
“On my very own first project as a producer I would have the privilege of having a former president of my country, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo feature in my own skit because of an idea I just conceived in my mind once,” Ajibola wrote.
He said the special edition would mark the high point of the entire web series as President Obasanjo makes his acting debut and shows the world a side they’ve never seen or heard of before.
According to him, the web series, Dele Issues (Daily Issues), revolves around the main character Dele, who always takes on different roles. The skits are popular for having elements of comedy and satire, ultimately making the series a must-watch.
“I meant, as at the time I thought of this idea I thought I was just being crazy, but then again I remembered a quote I’ve (sic) seen some time ago that says: ‘Your dreams are not big if they don’t scare you.’ 

All I did thereafter was to chase this dream and I left everything to God’s hands. Now I can confidently say that on the 14th of October on my YouTube channel (just search ‘Samuel Ajibola TV’ and you will see it) I would be posting the #Deleissues (special edition) skit by 12 pm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment